Following SEO best practices is essential for the success of today’s organizations. A website that has been effectively optimized will rank organically for valuable keywords, get organic search traffic, and eventually provide sales leads that will turn into paying clients. There is no denying the significance of search engine optimization, but who will do the SEO work? Building an internal team of SEO experts or enlisting the assistance of an Enterprise SEO firm are the two alternatives available to marketing teams.
The fundamental misunderstanding
Understanding that the issue is not enterprise SEO companies vs in-house SEO teams is the main challenge. This is not a competition.
Enterprise SEO strategies entail difficult issues that rely on several different departments and resources. It’s time to stop thinking in terms of us vs them on a superficial level. The advantages and disadvantages of hiring an SEO consultant, agency, or in-house SEO are not the only subject of this article. We also talk about our personal experience as a Digital marketing agency with an in-house SEO team, and what we believe is the way forward for a non-marketing business that wants to do SEO.
The main difference between internal SEO and SEO agencies
The key distinction between using an agency and conducting SEO in-house is that employees on your in-house team are engaged specifically to work on SEO projects for your business, whereas an SEO firm offers services to several clients in various sectors.
If you go the in-house path, your company will recruit personnel with a focus on marketing and SEO, however if you engage an agency, depending on the scope of the work agreement, they may be entirely in charge of your company’s SEO. Not only that, but going with an agency offers you several years of industry experience on the best practices. This knowledge of what works and what does not provide the agencies a slight advantage over building a new team from scratch.
You’re probably wondering how to choose between the two at this point. Should you contract with an agency to handle the SEO for your business or recruit fresh staff to take on the task? Let’s examine each of the advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of collaborating with a Digital Marketing Agency with Enterprise SEO skills
- By skipping the internal hiring procedure, you’ll save time and money and receive a skilled workforce right away.
- Marketing agencies provide the necessary industry expertise to offer perception into SEO difficulties that your staff would not otherwise be able to address.
- When compared to an internal staff, hiring an SEO service is frequently more affordable.
- Because agencies work with specialists in certain SEO fields, all SEO factors will be taken into account.
- Given that agency staff members are skilled and productive, turnaround times for deliverables may be quicker than they would be in-house.
The limitations of hiring a Digital Marketing Agency for SEO
- Marketing agencies serve a variety of clientele.
- Although reputable businesses keep lines of communication open with their clients, some companies prefer communicating internally even for privacy issues.
- Finding the ideal agency for your business may be challenging. This is why we have written a blog on how you can go about with choosing the right digital marketing agency.
- Finding a team that you like and believe to be trustworthy is essential because hiring an agency requires a great deal of trust. We at LIQVD understand this and that is why like to meet the teams beforehand to understand how well we will get along.
The advantages of building an in-house SEO team from scratch
- You’ll be able to make adjustments more rapidly and will have more visibility into the work being done.
- The main focus of the SEO team is your business’s website.
- Internal team members will be well-versed in the culture, values, and overarching business objectives of your company.
- Working with other teams, such those for sales, web development, and public relations, is simple for in-house SEO teams.
The disadvantages of building an in-house SEO team from scratch
- It might take a long (and expensive) procedure to find and train suitable workers.
- Hiring a full-time employee or group of employees can be pricey.
- Since internal staff members will have a variety of duties, it is unlikely that they would be experts in a certain area of SEO.
- The job may take longer to complete since internal staff members must prioritize various duties and responsibilities.
It ultimately comes down to your organization’s size, industry, and overall company objectives, as well as whether you want to engage an in-house SEO team or an SEO firm. As it is likely to cost your company less money than recruiting full-time employees and have a higher return on investment, working with an agency is frequently the superior option.
The simplest method for you to establish which is best for you is to set your SEO goals (if you haven’t done so already) and assess if an in-house team or agency would be more successful in assisting you to push the needle on crucial SEO KPIs. Think about how much work has to be done, how tough it will be, and your available money. If you’re unsure of what SEO work needs to be done, you should consider getting in touch with a trustworthy Digital Marketing Agency like LIQVD Asia to do an SEO audit. This will offer you a better picture of how your website is performing overall, enabling you to decide if you would benefit more from hiring an agency or an in-house SEO team. Click the link here if you are interested in getting a free SEO audit of your business.